It’s hard to say that a single type of nail gun can do all the work needed in your wood project. For example, if you require delicate wood trim, a brad nail gun is the perfect one to avoid splitting the workpiece as it’s designed to fire thin 18 gauge brads. Likewise, a 15 or 16 gauge finish nailer would be the best if you need heavy duty bindings. So, it seems that a single type of nailer will not meet all the requirements of your project, and you may need different types of nail guns to finish your work. However, there are many options available in the nailer market that may make it quite challenging to narrow down your selection. In such cases, Freeman P4FRFNCB 4 Piece Framing/Finishing Combo Kit can be a smart solution for you.
#Freeman P4FRFNCB Combo Kit
Key Features & Specifications
- Pneumatic (Air-powered)
- P4FRFNCB Combo kit
- Nailer included: 21 Degree 3-1/2″ Full Round Head Framing Nailer (PFR2190), 15-Gauge 34 Degree Angle 2-1/2″ Finish Nailer (PFN1564), 18-Gauge 1-1/4″ Brad Nailer (PBR32), 18-Gauge 1-1/4″ Narrow Crown Stapler (PST9032)
- Accessories: Canvas Bag, Air Tool Oil, Adjustment Tools
- 7-year limited warranty and 90-day wearable parts warranty
The Freeman P4FRFNCB Framing/Finishing Combo Kit is also known as the contractor’s dream, which comes with four different sized nailers. Therefore, this combo kit will cover all the framing and finishing requirements of your project. It’s also a great combo kit for DIYers to handle various home repair and improvement projects. However, the Freeman P4FRFNCB combo kit includes,
- PFR2190 – 21-Degree Framing Nailer
- PFN1564 – 15 Gauge 34-degree Angle Finish Nailer
- PBR32Q – 18 Gauge brad nailer
- PST9032Q – 18 Gauge Narrow Crown Stapler
All the above nailers are designed to perform high production tasks. Each nailer also comes with an aluminum cylinder that applies less wear to the nailer’s internal stuff. Also, an adjustment on each nailer allows you to easily set the nail length according to your specifications. The Freeman P4FRFNCB combo kit also comes with a 7-year limited warranty and 90-day wearable parts warranty.back to menu ↑
Why Buy Freeman P4FRFNCB Combo Kit
First, the Freeman P4FRFNCB combo kit is an integrated package of 4 different sized nail guns. This combo kit includes one full head framing nailer, one angle finish nailer, one brad nailer, and one narrow crown stapler. So, you can see that most of the nailing work you’re going to do in the next few years can be easily done with this kit. For instance, the 21-degree framing nailer is great for framing, decking, truss assembly, sheathing, molding, subfloors, fencing, and other similar jobs. Likewise, you can use the finish nailer for exterior and interior finishes, cabinetry, window casing, baseboard, crown molding, and more.
While some users reported that the finish nailer soft rubber bumpers on the nose could leave black marks on the work surface, but it is possible to fix it if you cover the bumper with something like duct tape. It’s a minor problem that will not affect its effectiveness.
All nailers included in the combo kit are very solid and durable except for a few minor issues. Each nailer works very well when needed and is also suitable for any wood project. However, if you do not want to buy the whole package, you can buy each nailer separately according to your needs. Maybe you just need a specific type of nailer, but buying the Freeman P4FRFNCB combo kit may save a few bucks, and you can use them if needed. Moreover, all Freeman nailers and tools are made with the most durable materials and followed strict quality guidelines to ensure professional-grade standards. So, you can expect to get quality products that will last a long time. Moreover, this combo kit also comes with a durable canvas storage bag, air tool oil, and adjustment tools.back to menu ↑
Freeman P4FRFNCB Combo kit Nailers Key Features
As you already know, the Freeman P4FRFNCB Combo kit is a package of 4 types of nailers. Each nailer is designed to be used for different purposes. Thus, there are some differences between their features and application. Here they are,
01. PFR2190 21-Degree Framing Nailer
Applications: Ideal for framing, decking, fencing, subfloors, pallet & crate assembly, sheathing, and truss assembly.
- Tool-free depth adjustment feature for various applications.
- Bump and sequential firing mode.
- Air filter/anti-dust cap keeps the debris away from the internal components and extends tool life.
- 360-Degree adjustable exhaust allows users to direct air away from their face and keeps the work surface clean.
- No-mar tip prevents unusual dents or stains on the work surface
- No lubrication required
- Anti-dry fire mechanism reduces damage to internal components.
- Lightweight magnesium body and great for extended use.
- One-piece drive blade made of hardened steel adds to increase tool life.
- Compatible with 10 to 12 gauge plastic collated 21-degree full round head framing nails from 2-inch to 3-1/2 inch.
02. PFN1564 15-Gauge 34-Degree Angle Finish Nailer
Applications: Ideal for door & window casing, cabinetry, chair rails, molding, staircases, baseboards, and other fine finish applications.
- Tool-free depth adjustment for various applications.
- Air filter/anti-dust cap saves internal components from debris and prolongs tool life.
- 360-Degree adjustable exhaust allows user to direct air away from their face and keep work surface debris-free.
- Removable no-mar nose tip protects the work surface from unusual dents or stains.
- Oil-free operation.
- A quick jam release mechanism allows jammed nails to be removed easily and quickly.
- The dual-mode trigger allows bump and sequential firing.
- Comfort rubber grip handle ensures secure hold during use.
- One-piece drive blade made of hardened steel extends the life of the tool.
- Anodized aluminum cylinder and magazine.
- Compatible with 15 gauge tape or adhesive collated 34-degree finish nails from 1-1/4 inch to 2-1/2 inch.
03. PBR32Q 18-Gauge Straight Brad Nailer
Applications: Ideal for exterior finish work, cabinetry top, picture frame assembly, door & window casing, delicate wood trim, molding, and hobbies & crafts.
- Tool-free adjustable depth for various applications.
- Air filter/anti-dust cap protects internal components from debris and increase tool life.
- 360-Degree adjustable exhaust allows users to change expelled air direction away from the face and keeps work surfaces debris-free.
- No-mar nose tip eliminates to working surfaces.
- No oiling required.
- A quick jam release mechanism allows jammed nails to be cleaned effortlessly and swiftly.
- Comfort rubber grip handle confirms a secure hold during use.
- Ergonomic body, anodized aluminum cylinder, and magazine.
- Compatible with 18 gauge adhesive collated brad nails from 3/8 inch to 1-1/4 inch.
04. PST9032Q 18-Gauge Narrow Crown Stapler
Applications: Ideal for decorative trim, cabinet backing, hobbies & crafts, and cabinetry.
- Tool-free adjustable depth for various applications.
- Air filter/anti-dust cap defend internal parts from debris and increase tool life.
- 360-Degree adjustable exhaust to direct expelled air away from the face and keeps the work surface debris-free.
- No-mar nose tip protects the workpiece from any unusual damage.
- Oil-free operation.
- A quick jam release mechanism allows jammed staples to be cleaned swiftly.
- Comfort rubber grip handle gives maximum control during use.
- Ergonomic body, anodized aluminum cylinder, and magazine
- Compatible with 18 Gauge adhesive collated 1/4 inch narrow crown staples from 1/2 inch to 1-1/4 inch
Pros and Cons
The primary advantage you will get from the Freeman P4FRFNCB combo kit is the price. You can save approximately $100, where buying each nailer separately can cost more than $300. Moreover, the manufacturing process follows strict quality guidelines to maintain the professional-grade standard. In contrast, some users reported that they find it less comfortable and lack of quality as other premium brands. However, we listed some advantages and disadvantages below for better understanding,
- Excellent price tag
- Dual firing mode
- All nailer features adjustable depth
- Each of the nailers includes a tool-free jam release mechanism
- Oil-free operation
- All nailer feature removable no-mar nose tip to protect the workpiece from damage
- 360-degree adjustable exhaust
- Comes with a canvas carry bag, oil, wrenches, and manual
- Some users reported it jams sometimes
- Trigger seal can break after several uses
- Should have been more comfortable to use
The Freeman P4FRFNCB combo kit is a pretty great deal. The whole package is relatively cheaper compared to buying each of them separately. Also, you will get 7 years limited manufacturer warranty, which is really great. Thus, you will receive after-sales support until the warranty expires. The average customer rating for this combo kit on Amazon is 4.6/5. However, if you just want to buy a finish nailer, you can check out the NuMax SFN64 Pneumatic Straight Finish Nailer.