If you’ve ever owned a thermostat before, especially older non-programmable versions, then you certainly know how annoying it is to wake up late at night to reduce the temperature or even early in the morning to raise it. However, the WiFi Smart Thermostats from Honeywell is full of advanced features that make your heating or cooling easier in unimaginable ways.
In this article, we have reviewed five Honeywell thermostats highlighting varying features that make them the best among other Honeywell thermostats. To make your shopping easier, you’ll find available options, and key highlighted features. Let’s get started,
#Best Honeywell Thermostats
#1 Honeywell RTH2300B
- One program for weekdays, a separate program for weekends-4 periods per day.
- Easy to read digital backlit display.
- Compatible with heating, cooling and heater pumps without auxiliary heat, doesn’t work with electric baseboard heat (120-240V) or multistage HVAC system.
- Exact temperature control (+/-1Degree F) to give stabilize comfort.
- Permanent and temporary override capability.
- Celsius or Fahrenheit temperature display, 24h or 12h clock options.
Honeywell thermostat rth2300b is one of the simplest thermostats from Honeywell, but this does not mean that it has all the features. However, sometimes you don’t need all the features of Wi-Fi or voice commend connectivity. You just need a dependable thermostat for your home that works properly. And that’s where Honeywell rth2300b has delivered in spades. The most significant feature for this model is a 5-2 programming cycle with four adjustable interval periods. It would be perfect if you set a schedule with a bit deviation.
In addition, you don’t need C-wire to keep Honeywell rth2300b thermostat running, and you just require 2 AAA batteries to do that. The average battery life usually is 1 year with regular use. Thus, you don’t have to worry about your comfort but keep extra batteries near you for an emergency. Although it will remind you of battery changes.
Honeywell rth2300b thermostat is easy to install as there will be an easy step-by-step installation guide included with the package. Easy to operate and has soft touch keys. Also, it maintains the set point in memory in the event of a power outage. Additionally, it could be a perfect thermostat for a rental unit or basement. In fact, it’s suitable for any place where you want a little more but not interested in going with all the bells and whistles.
Pros & Cons
- Simple and Easy to use
- 5-2 day programmable thermostat with 4 adjustable interval periods per day
- Easy to set it up to adjust the temperature when you are away or asleep – at a time when your home does not need to be heated or cooled according to your comfort
- Compatible with heating, cooling and heat pumps without auxiliary heat
- There are no major drawbacks associated with the product, but it needs to be handled with due care to maintain the efficient performance of the product for a long time.
#2 Honeywell RTH9585WF1004
- It’s an Amazon Alexa, SmartThings, Google Home, and IFTTT compatible thermostat.
- Automatically updates for daylight savings. Adapts to 12/24-hour and multi-language needs.
- Customizable full-color touchscreen display. Text and numbers easy to read. It also shows local weather along with indoor and outdoor comparative levels.
- Multiple programming options are accessible based on home or small office timetable or depending on utilities; Determine the highest rate through their demand response program.
- It provides intelligent alerts like the status of internet connection, humidifier pad replacement reminders, high/low temperature warnings, and air filter change reminders.
Honeywell rth9585wf1004 is one of the best smart thermostats among the thermostats available on the current market. Yes, it’s truly a smart thermostat, and we mean it. It learns and identifies your scheduled heating and cooling cycles and how you depart from them. Thus, it starts adjusting the temperatures according to your schedule, and you don’t need to do it manually anymore unless you require any major adjustment.
Suppose you prepare it for a typical workday cycle, where you set the thermostat on 70 degrees when you go out in the morning and set on 66 degrees half an hour prior to reaching home. Even every Thursday, you have scheduled a work meeting and will be heading home earlier than usual. No problem, take your smartphone in hand and lower the temperature using the app installed on your phone so you feel comfortable when you get home.
A few weeks later, you will see the actual result. It will follow and detect your programmed temperature pattern and change the temperature one hour earlier every Thursday without your manual instruction. It will save you time and confusion and give you confidence that your home is ready for your comfort. Moreover, the thermostat’s display will show you all the information at a glance, which is another great feature of Honeywell rth9585wf1004.
Also, it will inform you about the relative outdoor and indoor temperature and humidity levels. So, you can adjust accordingly. Moreover, you will receive intelligent alerts on humidifier pad change reminders, internet connection lost /restored, Hi/Lo temperature notification, Air Filter change reminders, and more.
Pros & Cons
- Easy to use smartphone apps
- Support multiple users and easy to use Geofencing
- Easy to use and intuitively saves energy costs
- Touchscreen, customizable background color and text
- Supports Amazon Alexa, Samsung SmartThings, IFTTT, Google Home
- Requires a C-wire to install
- Lack of motion sensor to trigger the HVAC system If you are out of your normal schedule
- Can’t change the temperature differential settings
#3 Honeywell RTH6580WF
- 7 days programming can be configured with 4 program periods per day.
- Wi-Fi enabled thermostat, allows access remotely via smartphone, tablet, or PCs. The app is compatible with both Android and IOS.
- C-wire required for connectivity. Alternatively can use C-Wire adapter (not included) or G-wire jumper cable (included).
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Samsung SmartThings, Bonom, Google Assistant, Wink, IFTTT, and Stringy.
Honeywell thermostat rth6580wf is one of the best thermostats from Honeywell. It’s a feature-rich thermostat that provides a bit more connectivity and accessibility compared to other models at an affordable price. But, it’s not compatible with 110 volts or a higher system like electric baseboard heating. However, it has the learning capability of your desired heating and cooling cycles. Thus, if you deviations frequently from your usual programming, it will learn that pattern and automatically start adjusting following that pattern. Also, you can fix this thermostat manually either from its onboard controls or through your mobile app. Moreover, you can control the Honeywell rth6580wf thermostat using your computer or voice assistant.
However, the Honeywell wi fi 7 day programmable thermostat has been designed to remain you live, connected, and online. Also, this thermostat can be controlled from anywhere in your house or anywhere from the globe.
Pros & Cons
- Easy to use
- Budget-friendly price tag
- Can control from anywhere from the world via mobile app or web
- Send notifications to smartphone, tablet or PC if the temperature exceeds current settings
- Great customer support
- Lack of touchscreen
- C-wire requires for installation
- Difficult installation process
- Lack of advance sensor options
- Some user reported Wi-Fi connectivity loss frequently and apps often crashed
#4 Honeywell TH9320WF5003
- Remotely accessible using the Total Connect Comfort app via smartphone to monitor/manage home comfort and energy consumption
- 7 day effortless programming and Energy Saving mode
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa, IFTTT, Samsung SmartThings, and Google Assistant
- Requires C-Wire for connectivity
- 5 years limited warranty
Honeywell th9320wf5003 wi fi touch screen programmable thermostat is the most feature-rich thermostat among all other Honeywell thermostats. It has full voice assistant capability, which means you can control this device via voice command using voice assistant devices like Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant etc. Also, using a single app, you can manage multiple thermostats throughout your home and program each of them separately. So, you can create various climate zones for your home if you want. It has used a fully functional touch-enabled screen that allows you to get closer and personal this thermostat.
In addition, you can customize the screen color according to your home decor. Text and numbers are easy to read in white. However, it is recommended to contact a professional to install this thermostat as it requires C-wire to connect.
Pros & Cons
- Large display and easy to read even from a distance
- Can control fan independently
- Send email notification if the home temperature is too high or low
- Fully functional touch-enabled screen with customizable background
- Compatible with most of voice assistant
- Can control multiple thermostats using a single app
- Learn the performance of the HVAC system to ensure the temperature is right on time
- Holiday mode dials down HVAC settings while you’re away and restores comfortable settings when you’re back
- Require C-wire
- Indoor temperature maintenance may not always be accurate for some cases, which can cause HVAC cycling problems that turn the AC or reactor on and off unexpectedly
#5 Honeywell RCHT8612WF
- Comes with optional power adapter – Wi-Fi thermostats usually require additional power via a C-wire. Many homes don’t have this cable. It’s easy to install and fit nicely near your heating and cooling system.
- You can control heating and cooling systems from anywhere via smart devices.
- Multiple programming options to fit any lifestyle – 7 day flexible scheduling or control temperature based on location – it’s your preference.
- Geofencing allows using the location of the smartphone to manage comfort while at home or away.
- Smart alert to remind you to change your filter, or extreme indoor temperature warning.
- Automatic switching from heat to cool – automatically determines whether your home needs heating or cooling for maximum comfort.
- Energy Star certified
Honeywell Lyric T5 plus (RCHT8612WF) is a nice looking smart thermostat and helps you achieve more comfort and efficiency in your home. It’s also considered as one of the best Honeywell thermostats available in the market. It has multiple programming options to fit any lifestyle. Therefore, you can program this thermostat based on your schedule or allow it to adapt your busy life on the fly.
However, time scheduling means is to program this thermostat for 7 day, 1 day, 5-1-1 or 5-2 with 4 periods in days. Also, you can go for the Geofencing option, which uses a smartphone’s location to manage comfort while you are at home or away. Moreover, smart scheduling is a combination of time scheduling and Geofencing to fit your busy and active lifestyle. Finally, you can control your comfort system manually by adjusting temperature yourself without setting any schedule.
You can control your Honeywell home rcht8612wf t5 plus wi-fi thermostat from anywhere via your smartphone or tablet and can monitor usage. It’s completely integrated with your smart home. Also, it’s compatible with Apple HomeKit, Google Assistant, and Amazon Alexa, so you can control without moving your fingers. Additionally, it will send you smart notifications via email to give Hi/Lo temperature warnings or remind you about air filter change time.
The T5 Plus is an easy to install thermostat because it doesn’t require C-wire. An optional power adapter included with this thermostat as a C-wire alternative. Wi-Fi thermostats usually need C-wire to supply extra power, but many homes lack this wire. Thus, the adopter included with this thermostat gives you a simple and low voltage substitute. Also, it features a simple and user-friendly interface. After all, it fits beautifully near your heating and cooling system.
Pros & Cons
- Touchscreen display
- Support Geofencing
- Compatible with Google Assistant, Apple HomeKit, and Amazon Echo
- Can control and monitor uses from anywhere via smart devices
- Humidifiers, ventilators, or dehumidifiers not supported
- Lack of motion sensors
- Algorithms not support learning your occupancy patterns
- Not compatible with Samsung SmartThings, Wink smart-home hubs
All the Honeywell thermostat models discussed above can give great results depending on the model. They can be connected to the Internet, and you can control them remotely via smart devices from anywhere. Also, Internet connections allow them to gather information about the climate around them and adjust accordingly. However, they also can save your money by reducing energy consumption. So, those days are not so far when smart thermostats are going to replace all the manual thermostats.